Posted: June 8, 2016
If you want to correct multiple small aesthetic smile imperfections simultaneously, porcelain veneers might be right for you. While not everyone is a viable candidate, you may benefit from porcelain veneers if the aesthetic problems you wish to correct include:
- Slightly crooked teeth, cracked teeth or pitted teeth
- Teeth that don't respond well to teeth-whitening procedures
- Small gaps between teeth
The best way to determine your porcelain veneer candidacy is to visit your Vienna dentist for a professional assessment. You’ll likely be a good candidate for porcelain veneers if:
- You have healthy teeth and gums - As veneers cannot be used with diseased teeth, any instances of decay or gum disease you may have will need to be addressed before moving forward with veneers.
- You want to improve small aesthetic imperfections with your smile – Porcelain veneers are designed for placement over problematic teeth, giving your teeth new surfaces that cover the cracks, gaps, or slight misalignments. For more severe issues, more specific procedures may be needed.
- You have realistic expectations about what veneers can achieve – Sometimes if the problems you wish to correct are for functionality or health reasons, you may need to consider alternative dental treatments.
If you believe your smile might benefit from porcelain veneers and would like to determine your candidacy, schedule your personal consultation by contacting Softouch Dental Care at 703-319-6990 today. We serve patients in Vienna and all areas of Northern Virginia.