When it comes to orthodontics, you have several choices. For years, metal braces were the only option for correcting malocclusion. Metal braces are a conservative and effective method for correcting bite irregularities, but they can be obvious and awkward for adults.
With advancements in adult orthodontics, invisible braces such as Invisalign® have gained popularity. With this option, your teeth can be straightened in a much less obtrusive manner. In addition to invisible braces, a third option, porcelain veneers, is also becoming more common. There are many benefits of porcelain veneers that are not found with traditional or invisible braces.
No one option is ideal for every patient. When you come to our office, Dr. Chung will work closely with you to determine what option is best for your unique needs. Read below for more information on porcelain veneers vs. braces, then call 703-319-6990 to schedule an appointment at Softouch Dental Care.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers and Braces
Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers enjoys some advantages over braces. Some of the advantages of veneers include:
- A faster solution to your dental issues
- Do not require teeth to be straightened, which can minimize discomfort
- Will not require a retainer after treatment
- Can correct cosmetic issues along with improving your bite
Between veneers and braces, these advantages often make porcelain veneers a more attractive option. However, braces offer some advantages over porcelain veneers as well. Some of the advantages of braces include:
- A more permanent solution
- Do not require any of your natural tooth structure to be removed
- Actually straighten your teeth where porcelain veneers simply cover them
- Only need to be worn until treatment is complete and will not require additional procedures in the future
During your initial consultation, Dr. Chung will evaluate the quality of your smile. Based on your needs, he will suggest the procedure he thinks will provide you with the best results. With years of experience and a high rate of customer satisfaction, Dr. Chung is able to help all of our patients find the procedure most suited to their needs and provide results that will restore strength, function, and beauty to your smile.
If you are interested in learning more about alternatives to braces, please contact Softouch Dental Care by calling 703-319-6990 to schedule a consultation at our office in Northern Virginia.