Do you feel anxiety or have a fear of dental procedures? Many people are fearful of the dentist will avoid getting routine dental examinations and necessary dental procedures. Sleep dentistry, also commonly referred to as sedation dentistry, can help you relax during your dental visit.
Sleep dentistry refers to the use of medication to help patients relax during dental procedures. The term sleep dentistry is often misleading as the patient is not actually asleep, rather they remain awake and able to communicate during the dental procedure but are simply relaxed. There are many benefits of sleep dentistry which include:
- Relaxation of your entire body during the dental procedure
- Feeling as if the dental procedure goes much quicker and smoother
- Little or no memory of the details of the dental procedure
- Little or no pain or discomfort from the dental procedure
- Ability to receive simple or complex dental procedures without fear or anxiety
- A sense of calmness instead of the normal panic that results from dental procedures
- The ability to still communicate with the dentist during your dental procedure
If you have fear or anxiety about getting dental procedures done, please contact Softouch Dental Care today at 703-319-6990 to find out how sleep dentistry can help you. Our experienced Oakton sleep dentistry experts can help determine if sedation is the right choice for your dental procedures and to help you get the dental care you need.