Bad breath can be embarrassing, and it can make you feel self-conscious. It also makes it difficult to enjoy social situations, especially dinner with friends or family. However, bad breath is not always a big deal; everyone has it. Bad breath is normal. Many factors cause bad breath. This article will cover some of the most common causes of bad breath and some great ways to combat it.
What's Bad Breath?
The most common cause of bad breath is bacteria, especially Streptococcus bacteria in the mouth. The bacteria feed on the food particles we eat and the acids they produce. There are many ways to keep bad breath at bay. For example, you could change your diet to include more fresh fruits and vegetables, drink more water, and brush your teeth more often. If you cannot change your diet, you can also try using mouthwash to kill the bacteria. If you cannot change your diet or use mouthwash, you should also avoid smoking and drinking too much alcohol.
5 Ways To Get Rid of Bad Breath
- Brush Your Teeth Twice a Day: Brushing your teeth helps to remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth and gums. Plaque is a sticky film of food debris, bacteria, and saliva that can build up on your teeth and cause cavities. Bacteria, on the other hand, can cause bad breath.
- A Diet That Focuses on Fresh Foods: A diet that focuses on fresh foods will help you avoid bad breath. Eating healthy foods will help you avoid foods that cause bad breath.
- Brushing and Flossing: Brushing and flossing is a great way to keep your mouth clean. Brushing will help remove debris and plaque that can cause bad breath. Flossing will help remove food particles that can cause bad breath.
- Use Mouthwash: Mouthwash can kill bacteria that cause bad breath. Mouthwash is a great way to combat bad breath. It can also help clean your teeth and gums.
- Avoid Tobacco: The best way to avoid bad breath caused by tobacco is to abstain from tobacco use altogether. This can be difficult, but it's important to remember many other ways to enjoy life without smoking. Many resources are available to help you if you're struggling to quit.
Contact Softouch Dental Care
Maintaining oral health requires regular dental checkups. A healthy smile, strong gums, and a strong mouth are all things Dr. Michael Chung of Softouch Dental Care can help you achieve. Make an appointment with Softouch Dental Care by calling 703-747-9735.